Sun, 13 November 2016
Hi! I'm Amy and I'm in Las Vegas! And for a few days in January, BAY is going to be in Las Vegas! And at least a couple of listeners! And a real, live Las Vegas podcaster who talks about actual Las Vegas!* And you should be there, too!
This super quick episode is just an announcement of the big event. We hope you can join us for the fun. Call us at 44-222-96269 or write to us at email@example.com! See you in January!
*He called us affable. In a very non-snarky way.
Sun, 6 November 2016
And does she know about ...? Once again, we started a show without any notes, and Bay didn't even drink a cocktail first (for fear she would keel over asleep if she did)! But we still managed to record a whole podcast, and no ecosystems were harmed! Save us from extroverts, and how's the election going in your neck of the woods? Are we still going to have an infrastructure to podcast with in two weeks? We'll find out! Scandal and mayhem and food! AND! There's a strange man in Amy's spare bedroom. Typical Grits to Glitz, y'all! Call us!!!! 44-222-96269!
- Ecosphere niftiness!
- Is it safe to come out from under this rock yet?
(Language lab required)
(Alternatively, invest in "SPECIAL" stickers)
- Prerequisite: Vacuum Sealer 101
(Virtual classroom access required)
- What the heck are PBA's?
- Gettin' it on with The Man (in charge)
(The man in charge, that is)
(You know, your boss!)
Sun, 23 October 2016
Why, Amy, of course! From hanging out with listeners to hanging out with French Bulldog show people, she's been quite the most popular podcaster around! Bay just went out to dinner and then got all cultured and whatnot. It's a party! We even managed to talk about politics. (We've got to stop that!) It's a do-over to keep us on an even keel. Hey! Welcome to our new iHeartRadio listeners! Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Sun, 9 October 2016
Oh, my goodness, food is going missing all over the place! At least we know who ate the Fritos. What about the monkey bread?! This is a typical Grits to Glitz because we talk about a lot of crazy stuff, and we talk about food a lot. We like food. For instance, other than our keen interest in missing food, we also recap Mediterranean restaurants on both coasts and Asian fusion in Las Vegas. Frenchies galore in Las Vegas! Brace yourself for *those* kisses! Music! Culture! Gossip! It's all here. Call us! 44-222-96269!!!
- Cool Classic Ranch Fritos!
- Big Ass Ferris Wheel!
- Neon Museum!
- KoMex Asian fusion!
- Bay's favorite thing about Knoxville this month: Yassin's Falafel House!
- Amy's hair survived! Aveda Institute of Las Vegas!
- Monkey bread recipe!
- We got Lana from FBRN so we love them extra!
- Can't wait to see Frenchies at French Bulldog Nation Specialty thingie!
- University of Tennessee/Knoxville choruses!
- Bay's favorite part of the UTK fall choral concert - Er ist gekommen!
- Knoxville Opera Comp'ny presents Pirates! Of Penzance!
Sun, 25 September 2016
Bay would visit ALL the grocery stores! But only in the pursuit of turkey dinner perfection.... and other cookery items. Listen, this is the most imp't thing: BAY VISITED AMY IN LAS VEGAS! (And the town may never be the same again.) Coming soon: French Bulldogs! Friends of the show Kim and Lin! Other friends of the show Fey Driver and Steve from The Strip Podcast! Bidets! Museums! Art shops! The awesome Big Ass Ferris Wheel (a.k.a., "the High Roller," but Big Ass Ferris Wheel is so much more appropos)!!! Drunk shopping! AMY BOUGHT A CAR!!! We had a blast. Write to brinedturkeyisthebest@
- Lincolns are cool cuz Amy has one!
- Neon is cool cuz Las Vegas has some!
- French Bulldogs are cool cuz sooooo cute!
- Art (tchotchkes) is (are) cool cuz it's for sale!
- Chihuly glass is cool cuz wow!
(WARNING: The next link is loud, so turn down your speakers. Darn you, Auto Play!)
- High Roller is cool cuz yikes this drink is strong!
- Mob is cool cuz - YES I SAID THE MOB IS COOL YOU CAN'T SAY I DIDN'T SAY THAT!
- Bidets are cool cuz clean butts!
- Absinthe is cool cuz filthy dirty fun!
Sun, 4 September 2016
Do we ever have travel plans! Well, Bay does. She's going to visit Amy in Las Vegas! And it's all we can talk about! And Hollywood feuds and messy stores and stuff! Seriously, it's really very hard to write notes about such an eclectic group of topics. Give it a listen, and let us know what you feel we left out. (Bay's boss thinks Grits to Glitz should be reviewing "Stranger Things." Vote today!) Call us! 44-222-96269!
- Cool Mt. Charleston!
- Delicious Hash House A Go Go!
- Ross Dress for Less is a mess! (Ad first, sorry)
- Magpies Bakery!
Sun, 7 August 2016
What are we gonna do for the next ten years? Um, party hearty, people! We're finally back with our 300th episode, and it might be one for the ages! Between the injury report and tech purchases, handy things and handsy things (ahem, Absinthe!), magic shows and political rallies, we found time to talk about kids going to college and unkind dog groomers. Yeah, it was that kind of show! So email us! email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!!
Sun, 17 July 2016
Yes, but it's not nearly as distracting as the cat! Listen as Amy and Bay bounce from topic to off-topic and back again! We talk about stuff to see and do in Sacramento, which leads to an interesting bit about Tower Records and the documentary "All Things Must Pass." Bay had a frog for an afternoon! She didn't kiss it. It could still be someone's prince! Politics! Smart locks! Booze, booze, and more booze! It's that kind of podcast. Call us! 44-222-96269! (HEY!)
- Tower Records once towered!
- Cope's Gray Tree Frogs can be green!
- WHAT IS THAT T DOING TO THAT P?!?!
- Save your stuff! (The high tech way!)
- Imbibe with us! Las Vegas Distillery
- Listen to This American Life, ep 591!
Mon, 4 July 2016
Bay and Amy wax rhapsodic about homegrown tomatoes -- even those purchased at the farmer's market -- and lots of other things, like: fixing the voice mail (thx, Cap't Scott!), grocery store booze, booze (spiced rum, lime liqueur, etc.), popular puppy dogs, places we want to visit, things we'll do someday, and the usual assortment of bunny trails. It's an extra episode, y'all! Can we make it to 300 before our 10th anniversary?! email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Do you love "Love"? It's changed!
- Do you crave a Vegas podcast? Try Vital Vegas!
- Do you have summer? Eat a tomato sandwich!
Sun, 26 June 2016
Don't answer that; it's a trap! This week's episode is a little long and rambly -- hey! we heard that! and yes, they are mostly long and rambling -- but it's kind of fun. Bay is having fits planning her September trip to Las Vegas; Amy's beloved Lana vetoes a luxurious potty experience; smart phone video games are dissected disturbingly thoroughly, and we follow up on our Tennessee movie madness with a forlorn footnote. Retread Text Theatre makes a comeback with major calendar action!!! CALL US!!! 44-222-96269!!!
- Shall We Date (not a Q, but a game... and kinda creepy!)